Hey guys! Happy #fitnessfriday! I’ve decided that I’m going to alternate my bi-weekly “Sweaty Saturday” posts with “Fitness Friday” posts. This means that every week I will either be posting a new “Sweaty Saturday” workout, or a “Fitness Friday” post. My “Fitness Friday” posts will vary, but they will always be related somehow to fitness whether the post be about fueling for workouts, my workouts of the week, or a roundup of my recent favorite workouts, like this post.
So, here are my top workout videos at the moment…
- No rest.
- Under 5 minutes!
- Although it’s short, this works up a nice burn (especially those duck squats!).
- I’d recommend adding it to the end of a longer lower body workout for a nice burnout.
- Short, but effective.
- The music is fun and upbeat.
To Sum It Up: Looking for a quick leg burn? Try this!
- Little rest
- 10-15 minutes.
- Works up an awesome burn in your core!
- It might not look intense, but doing the moves back to back to back adds up.
- Doesn’t take much time at all!
- You do a bunch of different moves, so you don’t have to worry about getting bored.
To Sum It Up: Want to add in some core to your workout? Try this!
- Minimal rest
- About 10 minutes.
- Three words: abs.on.fire.
- Once you finish it, you will feel so proud!
- These moves are challenging and unique, so you won’t get bored!
To Sum It Up: If you think you’ve got what it takes, try this!
- Barely any rest
- 5 minutes.
- It’s pretty short, but it definitely builds up that lactic acid!
- This is perfect to add to the end of a longer lower body workout for a nice (if you call painful nice) little burnout.
To Sum It Up: Looking for a finisher to leg day? Try this!
- Warm-up, HIIT, strength, abs, and a cool down/stretch.
- The HIIT definitely works up a good sweat, especially if you make sure to push yourself as hard and fast as you can.
- The strength portion is awesome since you’re working both the upper and lower body. Be sure to use as heavy weights as you can!
- The core is a great little push at the end when you’re already pretty tired.
- Get a whole workout in with just one video! It’s super effective and efficient.
- The variety of exercise types keeps it interesting.
- Working out with Kelly is great since she keeps reminding you to have proper for and motivates you.
To Sum It Up: Looking for an all-in-one workout? Try this!
- Warm-up, 3 styles of HIIT (descending ladder, pyramid, and tabata), and a cool down/stretch.
- The longer intervals of the descending ladder can be hard, but once you get past the burpees, the walk down push ups are pretty easy (I subbed burpees for these to make it harder).
- That pyramid can be brutal! The increasing intervals as you’re getting more tired can be a challenge, but you have to try your hardest to keep up the intensity.
- Tabata style is my favorite way to do HIIT since it allows you to go all out. The tabata HIIT portion seems to be slightly less intense, possibly to begin to bring your heart rate down.
- Super quick workout, but it will have you DRENCHED in sweat!
- The HIIT styles change, so it keeps your body guessing.
To Sum It Up: Looking to get in a super intense workout fast? Try this!
- Warm-up, HIIT, core, dynamic, combination strength exercises, and a cool down/stretch.
- About 79 minutes.
- It can be a hard as you’d like! There beginner/low impact modifications, so if you aren’t ready for the full, higher impact, more intense versions, you can try these.
- Covers a broad range of exercises
- Kelly and Daniel’s silly personalities make it feel like you’re working out with friends.
To Sum It Up: It’s a fun workout to try for a challenge when you have some extra time!
- Warm-up, then total body engaging strength moves with minimal rest, and a cool down/stretch.
- Maybe it was the track workout I’d done the day before, maybe it was the fact that I pushed myself to use heavier weights than usual, but this workout burned!
- You work the whole body in one session.
- You’re essentially also doing cardio since you’re moving from one move to the next as fast as possible.
- You can make it a challenging as you want depending on the weight you use.
To Sum It Up: Looking to build muscle all over? Try this!
I hope you try out some of these videos! I know I’m always looking for new workout to try. That being said, please comment below your favorite workout videos and I’ll be sure to check them out! Also if you try or have tried any of these videos, let me know what you think.
Enjoy the moment,
xoxo, Meah <3