My friend and I were on a long run and we got talking about some of the funny things that just go along with being a runner, inspiring me to make this post. I’m sure many of you can relate 🙂 .
Going to the bathroom before you run…at least seven times…just in case.
There have been many times where I’ve texted my mom saying “Going running” and 20 minutes later I text her “K just gonna pee one more time then I’m going”.
2. Tricking yourself into thinking you have to run less than you do. “Okay, just 10 minutes three times before 5 minutes until 1 mile. I can do this, it’s not that much.”
Also works for burpees, start jumps, and various other methods of torture.
3. Trying to spit but it just comes back and hits you.
Is this just me? Am I the only one who cannot for the life of themselves spit.
4. Getting boxed in during a race.
5. Going faster and trying to smile when you pass people so you look athletic.
6. When yo’ jam comes on during a run…
I swear, the people in my neighborhood must think I’m crazy.
7. When you see a white van.
8. That hill on your route that sucks. Every. Dang. Time.
9. When you fart during a group run.
We’ve all done it.
10.When your outfit matches…
11. Pretending you’re being chased so you run faster.
12. Accepting that your feet will probably never look cute.
Blisters and callouses are our battle scars.
13. Running after a rainstorm and feeling like you’re in an war zone dodging land mines because there are worms f$%#ing everywhere.
14. When cars don’t stop for you at cross walks…
Oddly, this describes my reaction perfectly.
15.The last 5 minutes of a hard run always feel like an eternity.
16. Planning a morning run, waking up hungry, deciding to eat breakfast, and “letting it digest”….
Well, sunset run it is I guess! Please tell me I’m not the only one who ends up doing this XD.
17. Trying to pick something to eat when you’re rungry.
18. Finishing your run at 5.83 miles and having to run in circles until you get to 6.
It’s the Type A in me.
19. Retying your shoes 5 times before you run because one is looser than the other.
It’s a pre-race anxious habit of mine.
20. When coach says to do one more.
But then coach is all like…
I hope you enjoyed my 20 truths of being a runner. I’d love to hear any funny truths you have about being a runner and definitely let me know if you could relate to any of these. Hope you have an amazing weekend 🙂 !
And thank you to Jill for hosting this link-up!
And thank you to Nicole for hosting the & Fashionable Friday link-up!
Enjoy the moment
xoxo Meah <3